Tuesday, December 7, 2010

and the imitation situation.



So as I was just writing this blog and retrieving pictures from google about things I'm obsessed with lately, ie. MAC's nude lipstick, benefit's make-up kits, my marc by marc jacobs bag courtesy of my boyfriend, I came across something odd. The pictures that were coming up of my bag's brother-and-sister-bags actually looked more like they might be distant-cousin-bags, once removed. After some further investigating I realized that my handbag was actually the black sheep of the family; the knock off. My heart dropped. So completely disregarding the fact that anyone who knows me knows I completely despise knock off bags, I make fun of them, I make fun of girls with them, I think they're an insult to the designers who work so hard on their designs, and I think they're just plain dumb, I'm appalled. Better yet, I'm pissed. I'd rather get something small and significant that means something then an imitation bag trying to be passed off as real, for what reason? So I'd love him more?

Forget the label and sticker price, he LIED. Okay so it was rude and uncouth but when he had given me this 'early xmas present' I did ask if it was real. But in my defense it was much more of an "is it reaaal?!" out of excitement rather then an "...is it real?" And in return for my question I got a lengthy story of how he went out of his way to get it from a boutique in south hampton and that he had spent x amount of money on it. And by x I mean he told me the actual dollar amount which made me cringe because if there's something I just equally as much as fakes it's tacky price tags on gifts. But I shook it off, he was obviously trying to impress me which I found cute. I let it go and accepted my new, and first, marc jacobs bag to my collection.

So here I am, 3:45am about to write a quirky little blog about how much I love my bag and how sweet it was of my boyfriend to get it for me and having the realization that the bag and the story behind it, is phony. Call me a materialistic bitch or whatever you please but I was mad. Legitimately angry. I realized and still do realize how stupid that sounds, it is just a bag and it was adorable of him to go out of his way to get it for me regardless how much spent on it but he lied. Sure I'm not perfect, I've lied before in our relationship and so has he but for some reason this is just so far under my skin it's going to take a lot more than sweet talking and a pair of tweezers to get it out.

Is this relationship a knock-off of the real thing? Or is it real?
Whatever. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment